This year the workshop will take place at the historic Cataloochee Guest Ranch (http://www.cataloocheeranch.com/) in Maggie Valley, NC (Haywood County). The Cataloochee Ranch was founded in 1933 and continues to welcome visitors to its cabins, trails, activities and spectacular views.
We have some exciting topics this year including:
- The history of Cataloochee Ranch
- How to make your farm positively newsworthy
- New ideas for pick your own
- Building a walking trail on your farm
- High adventure activities
- Using social media to market your enterprise
- Developing food communities
- Developing birding trails
- Being a land ethics leader
- Incorporating a commercial kitchen
There will also be time to network with other farmers in the area engaging or interested in engaging in agritourism.
The cost for the conference is only $40 if you sign-up by this Friday January 21 (extended from January 19). Call the Henderson County Cooperative Extension Office at 828.697.4891 to reserve your spot as soon as possible. A registration form can also be found here.
If you are an overnight guest, Cataloochee Guest Ranch is offering accomodations for Wednesday night at $70 pp. Visit their site for contact information http://www.cataloocheeranch.com/