Here are some more staggering statistics about the use of social media and traditional internet sites:
- Facebook users increased 145% from January 2009 to January 2010.
- The number of Facebook users over the age of 55 increased 922.7% from January 2009 to January 2010.
- 35-54 year olds are the most rapidly increasing demographic using Facebook. This demographic roughly doubles every two months.
- More than 1.5 million pieces of content are shared on Facebook...daily.
- There are approximately 50 million tweets everyday on Twitter.
- That is 600 tweets per second!
- There are over 200,000,000 blogs.
- 54% of bloggers post or tweet daily.
- 34% of bloggers post opinions about products or brands.
- 78% of consumers trust peer recommendations.
- Only 14% of consumers trust advertisements.
The NC Cooperative Extension Service is offering training for growers and farmers market managers who are interested in using the internet to help market their products, market or experience.
- April 12: Facebook and Twitter
- April 19: Blogs
- April 26: Websites
- May 3: Using Videos to Enhance Your Site
Each class is limited to 25 participants, so register early!
The class will be held at the Earth Fare in West Asheville from 10 am-noon.
The fee for the classes is $10/class or $35 for the 4-week series.
To register, contact Erin Bonito at the Buncombe County Cooperative Extension Office. email@example.com or 828.255.5522
View the flyer for this event.