NC Cooperative Extension Agents in WNC have organized an excellent workshop for individuals with Agritourism businesses or those interested in diversifying into Agritourism.
What?: The Business Side of Agritoursim Workshop
When?: January 28, registration at 8 am, educational program at 9 am
Where?: The beautiful Lake Logan Episcopal Center in Canton, NC, located just outside Waynesville
- Bob Schmidt from Maple Lane Farms in Greenback, TN
- Self and Market Assessment
- Understanding Sales Tax
- Types of Agritourism Enterprises
- Minimizing On-Farm Risk and Liability
- Rules and Regulations for Agritourism Businesses
- Using Your Chamber of Commerce and Travel and Tourism Department
- Collaborations and Collective Marketing
- Incorporation Education into Your Agritourism Business
For folks staying in the area on Wednesday Jan. 27, we will offer a tour of Sunburst Trout Farm at 3 pm. A reception will also be held that evening that will allow guests and speakers to talk and share local products from WNC farms.
For individuals spending the night at the Lake Logan Episcopal Center, please make your own arrangements. Visit www.lakelogan.org for details.
There are also accomodations in nearby Waynesville, NC
How much?: $35/per person. Includes lunch, snacks and resource notebook
How to register: Contact Ivy Olson at the Henderson County Cooperative Extension Office, 828.697.4891 or download the brochure and mail in soon!