Beginning/Transitioning to Commercial Organic Production, begins on Tuesday 22 Sept (the first day of Autumn!). This is a nine-week course that will be held on Tuesday evenings from 5:30 - 8 pm at the Buncombe County Cooperative Extension office in Asheville.
The topics to be covered include:
- Intro to organics and organic production in NC (with Dr. Jeanine Davis)
- Soil fertility and management in organic systems
- Crop rotation and cover crop design
- Weed management
- Insect management
- Disease management
- Post-harvest handling and food safety
- Marketing (with Megan Ray from ASAP)
- Certification paperwork and Q & A (with Tony Kleese of the Earthwise Company in Wake Forest, NC and Eastern Carolina Organics)
To register or for more information, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
I look forward to seeing you all there!