Monday, August 4, 2008

Welcome to the WNC Vegetable and Small Fruit Blog

My name is Sue Colucci and I am the new Area Specialized Agriculture Agent in Henderson, Haywood and Buncombe Counties in Western North Carolina (WNC) with responsibilities in vegetables and small fruits.
I joined the NC Cooperative Extension Service on July 15 after finishing my master's degree in Plant Pathology at NC State in Raleigh. My project involved cucurbit downy mildew (caused by Pseudoperonospora cubensis), a common problem in NC on squash and pumpkin and a re-emerging disease problem on cucumber.
If there is anything that you would like more information about, please contact me and I will do my best to answer your questions or find pertinent information for you.
I am looking forward to working with the vegetable and small fruit growers here in beautiful WNC and blogging about the problems and questions that I am faced with.

No comments: