Are you interested in making your farm even more sustainable by producing your own biodiesel?
The National Sustainable Agriculture Information Service (ATTRA) will host "Getting Started in Farm-Scale Biodiesel Production" webinar on November 5. The webinar will begin at 11 a.m MST (I am pretty sure this will be 1 pm EST- correct me if I'm wrong!) and will last for 60 minutes.
The presenters for the webinar are Al Kurki and Rich Dana, biodiesel specialists with the National Center for Appropriate Technology (NCAT).
The presenters will present the basics of biodiesel production and show home brewers the precautions to take to avoid potential problems associated with poor-quality fuel.
Other topics to be presented include:
- The advantages and disadvantages of biodiesel;
- The chemistry of biodiesel and step-by-step instructions to make your own fuel;
- Types, prices and trade-offs of biodiesel processors and equipment;
- Oilseed production and processing; and
- Examples of farmers and ranchers making their own fuel.
Please register in advance at www.attra.ncat.org/webinars2009/biodiesel1.